Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
|Category||Breads, Rolls, Pastries|
|1||pk||(1/4 oz) Active Dry Yeast|
|1⁄3||c||Packed Brown Sugar|
|4 3⁄4||c||to 5 1/2 c Flour (I use only 4 c Occident Flour, then add a little more when I knead the dough)|
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil; add oats and butter.
2. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
4. In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
5. Add the oat mixture, sugars, salt and flour.
6. Beat until smooth.
7. Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
8. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
9. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
10. Punch dough down; allow to rest for 10 minutes.
11. Shape into 18 balls. Place in 2 greased 9” round baking pans.
12. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
13. Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
14. Remove from pans to wire racks.